Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Cross Fire by James Patterson

Cross Fire (Alex Cross, #17)Cross Fire by James Patterson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Tight, suspenseful and engaging, "Cross Fire" was a quick read that I couldn't put down.  Alex Cross is one of my favorite characters in fiction. He was present in this novel in all of his fatherly doctor of psychology and sleuth behaviors.  He is also hopelessly romantic.

Of course, Kyle Craig is back in one of his most ingenious evil plots to kill Alex and his family.  But that plot line is supplemented with a sniper team doing a Robin Hood type campaign of serial killings and another killer carving mathematical equations into his victims.

Maybe it's my imagination, but Patterson seems to allude to NJ politics when the action moves to Brick Township, NJ.  Officer Guadagno, a blond woman, is sent to meet him. Her boss is Detective Cowen, a smart man who is very talkative.  Later, back in DC, a couple of liberal leaning Supreme Court Justices suddenly need to be replaced.  Go figure.

The conclusion of the novel is horribly chilling.  Also, did I mention that Cross gets married?



View all my reviews

No comments: