Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Quit Odyssey @ Hershey, PA, July 26, 27, 28, 2012

I love road trips.  My sister Jackie and I met at Quilt Odyssey on Thursday for a few days of fun.
The Hershey Lodge was wonderful. I can imagine family gatherings here for kids to visit Hershey Park and grandmom and great aunt to enjoy the quilt show.  We would all do what we enjoy and meet for dinners to recap the days.

 Back to the quilt show, my favorite quilt was "America, Let It Shine" by Sherry Reynolds. It won the Best of Show Award here, the Best Machine Workmanship Award at the Lancaster show, and prizes at other shows in 2011-2012.  "Masterpiece" is the best word to describe it. It was featured on the cover of "Quilter's Newsletter" in June/July 2012.

We stopped at Burkholder's Fabrics on Saturday morning before driving home.  What a great store.  Jackie is now all set to create Christmas projects and I have the fabrics for Kyle's new quilt in his swim team colors.

No comments: