Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

When things go wrong, don't go with them - The Debt Ceiling Quilt part 2

I first wrote about this quilt on August 2, 2011. I had been working on it and watching the debt ceiling controversy unfold on TV (hence the quilt name).  I went back to this quilt after I got lost about how to put it together, put it up on my design wall and figured out how to make it into something.  Surprise, an original design was the result.

My quilting buddies loved it when we got together. So, I spent the next two weeks quilting it.  When Grace saw it draped over a chair in my sewing room she matter-of-factly informed me that it was her quilt and asked if I were going to put a princess on it! So, now, it is most certainly her Christmas gift.  The jury is still out on the princess. Maybe I can work one into the label :-)

The moral to this quilt project came from a fortune cookie munched earlier this month: "When things go wrong, don't go with them."  It worked for this quilt and works well in life generally.

No comments: