Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Interlocked Squares" for Kathryn

I wanted to make a green quilt, not too traditional, for Bobby's friend Kathryn.  I think she is the love of his life. Green is her favorite color. So I am so pleased with this quilt from the pattern "Interlocked Squares" by Brenda Henning for Hoffman Bali Pops.

Using the "Green Tea" collection, I removed the yellows and substituted a few other batiks found at Aardvark in Morris Plains and a gentle Asian flower print from Fabric Inspirations in Englishtown.  My friends at the Cozy Quilt Shoppe in Maywood were the arbiters of the final border arrangement.  Their good advice is always appreciated.

 I quilted it in sections.  It was challenging and rewarding to make. At 69" by 78.5" it is a very big throw suitable for reading or napping on the couch.

Next, it goes into the wash on a gentle cycle with cold water and then into a gift box for Christmas.  I have enough fabric to make a big matching pillow.  Hmmmm, perhaps this afternoon....

No comments: