Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Like-Spring Weekend

Kathryn posted about her cleaning attack this week.  Strange how contagious that "virus" became :)  My sewing room was a disaster, cluttered, cramped and dated.  I had ordered a great indestructible new rug (smaller and designed for an outdoor patio), a buffet to serve as storage and ironing station, and a table-top ironing board to replace my giant board that was always "out," but had not really made a plan to do the work.  These items arrived very quickly!  I guess this weekend was destined to be the cleaning weekend.

Friday:  Finish the projects currently in progress and get them out of the way. 

Saturday:  Up at 5:30 a.m. to move all of the furniture out, put the old rug out for BC to haul to the dumpster for me, make a trip to the diner to relax and fuel up.  Back home to dust and wash every surface, object and tool, scrub the floor 3 x, knit in between drying periods, wax the floor, trim and lay the new rug pad, lay the new rug, put everything back.  To bed at 10:30 p.m.

Sunday:  Up at 7:30 a.m. to unpack the new buffet and get rid of the packing materials.  Then off to the diner to fuel up.  You have to love the Nutley Diner.  It is bustling at every hour.  I love to go there when I need to be out among people but don't want to go to the trouble of arranging a meal out with a friend or two.

Then back home to put the buffet together.  BC arrived just as I was running out of steam and finished it up for me.  He muscled it into place, cleaned up the mess and admired the new arrangement.  What a kid!



Wa la....the "new" sewing room! Now, a nap sounds pretty good.

No comments: