Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baby Shower

My sister Debbie is expecting her first great grandchild! Yesterday I travelled with my daughter to the shower. It was an hour and a half drive so we had plenty of time to chat and catch up. We had a lot of fun in the car and at the shower.
At 22, India, Debbie's granddaughter, is a lovely mom-to-be. Her mom, friends and cousins really turned out to give her a nice shower. We played games (I won the first one), ate ravioli, and talked non-stop. Jackie R., my daughter, made the cutest quilt with dots and little cars. It wil be a great blanket or playmat for the baby. I found some tiny workboots with help from my friends Tom and Vic and I included a Visa gift card to give India some cash to purchase what she still needed. My sister Jackie G. made a baby quilt and a quilted book which were adorable.
The gift that was a surprise was the baby tub and spa. How do inventors think of these things? I remember bathing Bob and then Jackie in the kitchen sink. It was easier on the back and afforded a better hold on the infant.
Debbie at 78 celebrated paying off her mortgage in the summer and just purchased a beautiful Buick. She is so involved in her church and family activities. Having a new car just makes her more active.

No comments: