Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2008

New Adventure in the Works


Well, Jackie Gould has talked me into an ocean adventure, so, today I explored the Royal Caribbean web site to get my feet wet. We will be cruising to Bermuda next July aboard the "Explorer of the Seas."
Searching the web site to learn more about the documents required, what to pack, how to make reservations for excursions, etc., I lingered on the spa and fitness facilities. Perhaps this will also be a good time to take advantage of a facial and a massage. While captive on this floating resort, I might as well do everything that my pocket book and physical condition will allow! http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do;jsessionid=0000mE7vvKsF5pRqEzXtzbZtdBz:12hbiocak?br=R&shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=EX
I will also have to check out Bayonne, NJ in the near future. It is accessible, parking is reasonable at Cape Liberty and the city seems to be in the midst of a makeover. I recall purchasing our first family artificial Christmas tree at a recommended store in Bayonne. (That was the tree that I decided needed to be freshened up after a couple of years. Showering it with the hose in the back yard, I discovered that the trunk was made of cardboard. What was I thinking?) http://www.cruiseliberty.com/
Every now and then, I think about moving to a manageable city. "Manageable" is the key word here. Park-like city blocks, reliable elevators, interesting cultural activities, a good library system, nearby groceries, hospital, office store and movie theater, secure parking, access to the airport, parkway and turnpike - I don't want much. Thinking about it, do I have that here? http://www.bayonnenj.org/

No comments: