Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Little Outfits


Last week I completed the pink series of coordinated outfits for Grace from Butterick pattern number B5017. Here are some pictures of Grace's new outfits...the coordinated Disney World travel collection.

I was really pleased with the result. I gave them to her last night. She spotted the Mickey Mouse appliqued to the top and dress right away. I will probably applique that Mickey on everything I make for her...even when she is in her teens ;-).

It was so cute to watch her as we all said "pretty, how pretty" and she smiled very big. She loved the hangars that were included in the bag with the outfits!

Now I have my own label? I created labels for this and future projects that say "Nana," the letters embroidered by machine on 1/4" wide white grosgrain ribbon. They are helpful in marking which is the back of pants.

The 18 months size of this pattern will also fit the Annie doll that I made 27 years ago for Jackie. She asked to have it recently and I was so pleased. I think she was too young for it at 2 years old. She had no interest in it then. Annie had been sitting on my bed and I would mend and wash her as needed and provide new outfits. Jackie has been learning to sew. She can appreciate Annie now for the time and attention to detail that it took to make her. She wrote about her in "The Orange Room," her blog.

Well, I am off to shampoo the rugs now. Can't wait to see them brightened up.

No comments: