Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Know My Name by Chanel Miller


Know My Name: A Memoir By Chanel Miller (2019, Digital)   Know My Name by Chanel Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Chanel Miller takes readers inside her head and horror as she relates in first person eloquence the trauma of her rape by Brock Turner on the Stanford University campus. Details of the ripples that only those who have experienced a rape know are new to most readers. Miller shares the experience so well that a reader may be effortlessly absorbed into her anguish and her anger at the light sentence that Turner received, the biases she encountered and the loss of faith in the impartiality of judges.

Miller is a fighter. She speaks for all of the victims.

Recommendation: Read the text of this book. The audio, read by Miller, does not benefit from her slow pace and monotonous tone.

Highly recommended


View all my reviews

No comments: