Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Christmas Planner

The year that Grace was born, I made a Christmas Planner. I may have shared it but I don't remember with whom! I keep it up to date.  It is a history of gift-giving, card-sending, keepsake-saving and holiday-decorating for every year since 2007. Today, I took it from the shelf and opened it to begin the record for Christmas 2015, the last year that will fit into this volume.     * Note to self: Buy another notebook to set up for Christmas 2016.*     I opened it at breakfast this morning and am still browsing and smiling over it at 1 p.m.!!!

Take-aways:
  1. Picture cards received from family and friends are amazing.  Just look at how their kids have grown!
  2. The pictures with Santa from Macy's are priceless.  Should I make a special album for these cards and pictures? Maybe I should frame them and bring them out to display for the Christmas season.
  3. Every year I make a Christmas budget that I ignore.  (But this year will be different.)
  4. Secret Santa proposals to manage gift-giving for adults do not work in our family.
  5. I send more than 100 holiday cards and mail them on the day after Thanksgiving.  I mailed them one day later in 2014.  
  6. *Note to self:  You bought stamps last week for this year so don't plan to buy them again now that the planner is in play. What safe place are you using for them?*
  7. Amazon wish lists are a good thing.  And, the Amazon wish list button added to my Firefox browser is wonderful.  
Because I have no pictures in this post yet, here are a couple before I sign off.


I don't miss that wallpaper, but I still use those little window wreaths and the wii game that the guys are setting up here. Thanks again guys.

No comments: