Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"Girlfriends" Quilt

Honoring the special relationship women share with their girlfriends, this whimsical and inspirational quilt pays tribute to women who are challenged by breast cancer. 

The fabric is "Girlfriends, Sisterhood of Quilters" by Jody Houghton for Lyndhurst Studio complimented by gingham checks in pink, black, tan and green.  The quilt design is by Patti Carey.  The quilt is machine-pieced and quilted by me.

I loved the fabric when I first purchased it but had no immediate ideas about a quilt design.  Later, I saw Patti Carey's design in the Summer 2010 issue of Fons and Porter Easy Quilts magazine.  I remembered and located the article when I decided to use this fabric for a 2012 Thriving Survivors quilt.

I made it with love, send it into the world with a hug, and hope that it will bring comfort to someone dealing with cancer. 

It will be donated to the Nutley Thriving Survivors for their 10th Anniversary Brunch.

No comments: