Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Robert...

...is a loving son.  I missed him today when he stopped by.  I was out having lunch with retired friends and picking up medication for Rufus at Dr. Crupi's office.

Back at home, I found a red envelope on the dining room table addressed to "Mom" in his handwriting and checked the hallway to see if his mail was gone, just to be sure he had actually been there.  Immediately sorry that I had missed his impromptu visit, I opened the envelope and chuckled in good humor and amazement at the Valentine he chose for me. A sewing machine sits on a table in a wall-papered room. A chain of hearts is in progress through the machine.  A plaque on the wall reads, "For Mom With Sew Much Love." It's an amazingly appropriate scene for me.  Inside, I read, "When I was a kid, you always did everything with love. And I still feel that same gentle love threading through my life today - reminding me what a remarkable, caring mom you've always been. Happy Valentine's Day. Love, Bobby."

I cannot stop weeping. I pray that my son is rewarded with the love of his children well into their adult years.  I wish the same for every mom and dad today, Valentine's Day.

I love you, Bob.
                                                       Rob and Kathryn January 2011

No comments: