Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Charity Quilt - "Light and Shadow"

This quilt is destined for donation to a local cancer support group.  I like pink as the color for cancer support groups.  It has a warm feminine quality.  The little flowers in the border fabric really appealed to me.  They soften the geometric construction of the body of the quilt.

The pattern is "Light and Shadow" by Brenda Henning for the Hoffman Fabrics Balic Pops line of fabric strips.  I will use the pattern title as the name of the quilt when I make the label.  I began to work on this quilt at the Spring Bed, Breakfast and Quilt weekend April 29 through May 1, 2011 in Wildwood Crest, NJ.  I finished it on June 7, 2011 at the Cozy Quilt Shoppe, Maywood, NJ quilting bee.  The quilt is machine pieced and machine quilted by me.

I made it with love, send it into the world with a hug, and hope that it will bring comfort to someone dealing with cancer.

No comments: